Election Day &




A: The state races are Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, Treasurer, Labor Commissioner, Auditor, Insurance Commissioner, Corporation Commissioner, and Superintendent of Public Instruction. For the U.S. House of Representatives, races are for seats in District 1, District 2, District 3, District 4, and District 5. Other races include many seats in the Oklahoma Senate and Oklahoma House of Representatives and retention votes for four members of the Oklahoma Supreme Court, three members of the Court of Criminal Appeals, and five members of the Court of Civil Appeals. At the county level, many court clerks, county clerks, county sheriffs, district judges, and county commissioners will be on the ballot, as well as municipal officials and local bond issues in some locations. There also are five state questions.

A: No. You can cast as many or as few votes as you like. If you only vote in one race or on one state question, that vote will still count.

A: By the end of September, individualized sample ballots are available on the State Election Board website, elections.ok.gov. County election boards provide sample ballots, too.

A: If a candidate ran unopposed or faced only same-party opposition, he or she has been elected and will not appear on the November 6 ballot. In addition, only half of the Oklahoma Senate’s 48 seats are affected by this year’s elections.

A: All Oklahoma residents who are US citizens, at least 18 years old, legally competent, and not subject to a current felony sentence. A convicted felon is allowed to vote in Oklahoma after their original sentence is completed.

A: On Election Day, only in the precinct where you’re registered. For a list of precinct polling places and other voter information, visit the Oklahoma State Election Board website, elections.ok.gov.

A: Generally speaking, yes. You may present valid photo identification issued by federal, state, or tribal authorities, such as a driver’s license or passport. If you do not have a photo ID, you can present your voter identification card. If you have no identification, you may cast a provisional ballot accompanied by a sworn affidavit.

A: Yes, but don’t show them to anyone at your polling place or while you are voting. Our “cheat sheet” on page 17 can help.

A: Oklahoma employers must provide employees with up to two hours of paid time to vote on Election Day, unless their shifts give them plenty of time to do so before or after work. You must notify your employer of your intention to vote at least one day before the election.

A: : You’ll need to submit a new voter registration form with the correct information. You can’t make changes in your voter registration online or by telephone. Voters who are already registered can change their address or party affiliation at: https://www.ok.gov/elections/Online_Voter_Registration.html. Name changes, changes of address to a new county, and new voter registrations must be submitted via paper forms.

A: If you will be away from the precinct where you’re registered, you might consider voting by absentee ballot or participating in early voting in the state where you’re registered prior to Nov. 6.

A: Yes. Early voting occurs at your county election board from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thurs., Nov. 1, and Fri., Nov. 2, and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sat., Nov. 3. Some counties have second early voting locations. Those can be found at: https://www.ok.gov/elections/Early_Voting.html.

A: Yes. You can request an absentee ballot before 5 p.m. Wednesday, October 31. Requests can be submitted online, downloaded from the State Election Board website, or obtained from your county election board.

A: Yes. You can mark a place at the top of the ballot to vote for all candidates on the ballot who belong to a single party.

A: The state will begin distributing absentee ballots on Friday, September 21. Completed ballots must be returned by mail to your county election board and received no later than 7 p.m. on Election Day, November 6.

A: Yes, unless you are in the military, living overseas, physically incapacitated, providing care to an incapacitated person, or confined to a nursing home or veteran’s center.

A: You can change your party affiliation or register as an independent until Friday, October 12. Doing so will not affect your ballot choices on November 6, because the primary election season has passed.

A: Write-in candidates are not counted in Oklahoma elections.

A: The State Election Board website is a good place to start: elections.ok.gov. County election boards also provide election information. You should call the State Election Board at 405-521- 2391 or your county election board. These national hotlines also might be able to help:

1-888-VEY-VOTA (Spanish Language)
1-888-API-VOTE (Asian Languages)
Vote411.org also provides helpful information on candidates.


is Friday, October 12. You can download a registration form from the State Election Board website or pick one up at your county election board, post offices, tag agencies, libraries, and other public locations. You will need to mail or deliver the completed form to your county election board.


You should call the State Election Board or
405-521-2391 or your county election board.
These national hotlines also might be able to help:

1-888-VEY-VOTA (Spanish Language)
1-888-API-VOTE (Asian Languages)

logos stacked